I was having the same issues as this VMware Communities thread: Problem after upgrade vCenter Server patch 1
I'm running vCenter Update 1 build 208111 on Windows 2008 64-bit. It's not a huge issue, but it really bugs you when things aren't working correctly.
Symptoms of cause:
1. Can't use search function in VC
Error: "Login to the query service failed"
2. Can't show information in Hardware Status tab
Error: "Do not have permission for this command."
3. Can't show information in vCenter Service Status
Error: "Cannot access the health service!"
I found KB 1013893 titled "vCenter Service Status fails with the error: Cannot access the health service!" and followed all the steps involved and still no luck. I sent in a service request and I was told to download newdata.zip and follow the same steps.
1. Stop the VirtualCenter Server Service.
2. Take a backup of C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\tomcat\webapps\vws\data
3. Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\tomcat\webapps\vws\data
4. Unzip newdata.zip into C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\tomcat\webapps\vws
5. Restart the Virtual Center Server Service.
6. Connect vCenter Client to vCenter Server and you should see everything working again.
here is the direct download for newdata.zip - http://ftpsite.vmware.com/download/1471485951/newdata.zip
or you can download it below