Last week I attended the Louisville VMUG and listened in on some talks by Dell and my good friends from Veeam. As I listened to the Dell SE, he was asking some questions that I was surprised to hear. My goal is to get a better understanding of where most people in the industry are and where we all want to be "someday".
He started asking the simple question of "does everyone run some sort of centralized storage?" and of course everyone answered yes. The he asked to see a show of hands of iSCSI vs FC vs FCoE. Nearly 80% of the room raised their hand for iSCSI storage connections while the other 20% were split for FC or FCoE. He seemed to really find his target audience. I believe most people were in the SMB space which makes perfect sense. Yet, the room seemed to be sort of bored. We've all been to VMUGs and heard the same pitches instead of talking about core technology or thinking beyond technology and the end result. I started thinking to myself, perhaps everyone here doesn't know the benefits or understand the process of running a converged fabric and leading up to a converged infrastructure. Add a comment